Monday, February 2, 2009

Thoughts...as always

Ok so I am one of those people that cannot turn their brain off... I am ALWAYS thinking. Thinking about things that matter...things that don't. Mid conversation I will have some random thought about the keys to the universe or something random like "oh man! I REALLY want to visit Paris in the fall!" Randomness.

Is that so weird? I don't think so. I think my mind just works on several different levels at once. Multi-tasking I suppose. I am that way with everything. Doing 17 things at once. Many Irons in the fire...always burning the candle at both ends, and sometimes in the middle too. But eventually it catches up to me....

That is what happened this weekend. My body says "eff you! I need a break!" So I end up feeling like shizz, but do I listen, and take the break my body is telling me I need? of course not. So I suffer through 12 hour nights of work. Nights that were busy. I like how when I am rockin' it is slow as hell, but the second I don't feel good we get our asses handed to us. Sick patients, and lots of them... WTF?! So after my second night of suffering and feeling like ass, I forced myself to take a break. I feel guilty though. Even though everyone was calling me to make sure I was ok, because they could tell something was wrong.

That is something that perplexes me. How is it that some people will call off of work for no reason at all, and never even feel the slightest twinge of guilt. And others have to have an all out war with themselves to call off. Even when they are incapacitated, and have all good reason to call off. And they STILL feel guilty?

I am sitting here...after sleeping all day, and most of the night...still feeling kind of shitty. And I feel guilty for not being at work right now. But yet my co-workers will use any excuse to call off. Hmm just another mystery of human nature I suppose.

Just like how some people are always thinking of others and how their actions will affect others, and some people would never give it a second thought.

People are odd creatures...perplexing, frustrating, intriguing, infuriating, and endearing.

No comments:

PING!!