Saturday, July 25, 2009

out for the count

here I sit... BORED AS HELL.

I could and should be doing oh so many things. But no. I sit here thinking. I should be writing my paper. 4-6 pages due tomorrow at midnight. But I think I'll wait. I have more than 24 hours...

Ah procrastination. So evil, and so good. Guess that adrenaline rush I get at the last few hours before a deadline is pretty potent...and I like it.

Anyhoo. I had surgery last week. Ouch. I know the drill though. It's something I've done a time or 8 before. Off for 6 weeks. No work. No nothing right now. Just recoup.

WTF? Seriously? Me. The do 47 things in an hour. Leave the house at 6a don't get back til 2a kinda gal. Work work work. Work an extra. Work work work. Do this. Do that. Go here. Go there. GO GO GO! Nope. Can't. Not at all.

Drove 4 blocks yesterday and got tired and sore. Taking naps. Sleeping through the night. What?! Barf.

I am being a good little patient--FOR ONCE-- and taking it easy. But why is 'taking it easy' so damn hard?

I'm ready to feel like me. To be running around at decapitated chicken status again. To be tearing down the trail on my bike at full speed. Cranking out those pedals. Feeling the wind in my hair (through my helmet naturally). I want to be burnin' that candle at both ends.

Soon. Soon I shall. But for now I shall sit back and chill. For once in my life I'll allow it.

Another movie? Si.

No comments:

PING!!